Visit the Guam Veterans Cemetery
We encourage visitors to discover the rich history, witness the ceremonies, take in the scenic landscapes and grounds, wander through the columbariums, reflect on the names, and ponder the stories each person could tell.
The Guam Veterans Cemetery is located in the beautiful village of Piti right across the Jose L.G. Rios Middle School. The Guam Veterans Cemetery is accessible from the major roadways like Route 1 Marine Corps Drive and Route 6.
150 Spruance Drive Piti, Guam 96915
The Guam Veterans Cemetery is hallowed ground. To ensure that it stays that way and also to safeguard its beauty and serenity, please keep in mind the following:
- Fresh cut and artificial flowers and wreaths may be placed on graves and crypts at any time. They will be removed as soon as they become wilted, faded and unsightly.
- Floral items and all other personal mementos will not be permanently secured to any crypt covers or markers.
- Food, fruit, beer & sodas and similar items are not to be placed on the crypt and graves. They will immediately disposed.
- Glass objects of any kind are strictly prohibited and will be removed at once. These include candles enclosed in glass even if the glass has a religious motif.
- Permanent plantings, vigil lights, stakes in the ground are not allowed and will be removed immediately
- Personal photos, mementos, toys, etc. are not permitted.
- In the event of typhoon conditions, all of the above items will be removed.
- Personal maintenance of grave sites such as planting grass, cutting grass, putting sand, trenching around graves, painting of crypt covers and markers are not permitted.
- Boisterous activities. E.g. disrespectful conduct, fighting, loud playing of musical instruments.
- Smoking of illegal drugs and tobacco.
- Consuming of alcoholic beverages, e.g. beer, mixed drinks.
- Any form of sports, e.g. bicycling, rollerblading, skating, or skateboarding are prohibited.
Chapel & Administration Building
Guam Veterans Cemetery operations are from 8:00am to 5:00pm, except Sunday, Mondays, and Holidays. Reservation for use of Chapel and Administration Building are processed on a first come first serve basis. Reservations must be made at least five (5) working days prior to event. No other arrangements shall be made until request is approved. Family members must comply with the following conditions:
- Family members must check in and check out at the proper times indicated above
- Family members are liable for all cost,, repairs or replacement of damage to facilities.
- Facilities must be left clean and all trash must be deposited in designated trash receptacles.
- Food and drinks are NOT allowed in the Chapel at any time
- All trash must be removed from facilities before the expiration time. Failure to comply with this condition may result in a litter fine (10GCA 1109) and/or banned from future use of facilities.
- Family members assume responsibility for safety, security, and liability.
- All cars must be parked in designated areas.